So tired and been raining the whole afternoon. We went to my trusted car mechanic and done some repairs with my dad’s car. Just so lucky that we are near our next appointment and that is to meet up with the owner’s of Farinas Ilocos Empanada.
The last time I got to eat Ilocos empanada was 1996 near the Vigan church. If I’m going to count how many years has passed it would be 17 years. But now I will have the chance to taste that famous Ilocos empanada.
We arrived at Farinas Ilocos Empanada about 6:30pm it’s better to be early and it was raining and traffic at that time. It’s dinner time and what a great time to rediscover new taste for our hungry tummy.
We started off with Extra Special empanada with 2 longganisa and 1 egg. Every empanada has shredded papaya and monggo. You have the option to add extra egg, longganisa, and cheese.
Next is the Pansit Bagnet what I like with this one is the crunchy bagnet bits. At this time pansit it not my thing at the moment would love to have rice coz it’s dinner time.
This is my first time to taste Ilocos Miki. Ilocos Miki also have bagnet bits on top and this would compliment the rainy season for some warm noodle soup.
They also have other products like the Sukang Ilocos, kornik and banana and kamote chips. I love the banana and kamote chips it’s so thinly sliced not like there banana chips in the market.
I was not able to try the rice meals and from what I heard from my friends their bagnet and longganiza why they come back. You can buy bagnet and longganiza it’s your choice if you would cook it at home or let them cook it for your for a minimal charge.
So we are planning to come back when we going to our trusted mechanic for our car maintenance and going to try out their rice meals next.
New Store Locations
- E. Rodriguez Ave. – Near Christ the King Church.
- Marcos Highway – Near Town and Country Subd.
- 56 Visayas Ave., Project 6, Quezon City (12noon to 10pm)
- 140 Kalayaan Ave. cor Mayaman St., Diliman (10am to 8pm)
- Maysilo Circle, Mandaluyong City (11am to 10pm)
- Lansbergh Condominium, Tomas Morato ( 11am to 10pm )
- Short horn corner road 20, project 8, Quezon City (11am to 10pm
- 77 stotsenburg, 10th Ave. Caloocan City
- 58 Katipunan Road, White Plains ( 12noon to 11PM)
- West Avenue