Due to rain brought by tropical storm “Maring” several cities in Metro Manila declared no classes for Monday August 19, 2013.
- Mandaluyong – Elementary and high school – public and private
- Pasig – No classes pre-school and kinder
- Marikina – All level – private and public
- Manila – No classes up to High school
- Valenzuella – No classes day care up to kinder
- Pateros – All levels – private and public
- Cainta – All levels
- San Juan – All levels
- Obando Bulacan – All levels
- Benguet – All Levels – private and public
- Pampanga – All levels
- Bulacan, Bulacan – all levels
- Taguig – preschool – public and private
- Batangas – preschool to elementary – public and private
>Arellano University – all level and teaching and non teaching
>Letran Bataan, all levels
>St. Scholastica College (Manila), all levels
>University of Santo Tomas (Manila), all levels
>Wawang Pulo Elementary and High School (Valenzuela City)
PAGASA – Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration issued orange rainfall over Metro Manila on Sunday evening.
Orange Rainfall Advisory No.5 (7:15PM 18Aug13) due to SW Monsoon (#Habagat) enhanced by TS #MaringPH. Target Areas: MetroManila. Heavy rainfall was observed for the past 3 hours. Heavy to intense rains is expected over Metro Manila & most likely 2 continue for d nxt 3hrs. FLOODING is threatening in low lying areas. People are advised to MONITOR d weather condition & for d nxt advisory.
There are also no classes in Quezon City, which celebrates Quezon City Day on August 19.
#Marikinariver 16.1m as of 12:00mn Alert Level 2
All Floodgates OPEN, Minimal Rainfall on the higher areas expect Marikina river water level to subside slowl