ABOUT THE RACE
On June 24, 2012 at 5:30 in the morning, children and young people and of people with a big heart for children are all invited to be part of Isa, Dalawa, Takbo: Run for Children’s Rights at UP Academic Oval, UP Diliman. As an advocacy event of MYLE and Lingap Pangkabataan, it aims to:
- To raise child rights advocacy spirit among its partner communities- academe, young people, adult, social development, churches, parents in a creative and fun event.
- To encourage greater public awareness and social investment on children- where every child could fully develop and participate in putting place an environment that respect and celebrate their full potential.
There will be:
- 3K, 5K, and 10K running, jogging and walking around the university oval
- Advocacy presentations from Lingap children’s advocacy groups, Ateneo- Performing Arts groups and other partners
- Running Pack – singlet, number and other freebies
- Child rights advocacy booths and food stalls
The Movement for the Youth’s Legal Education (MYLE) is an organization in the UP College of Law that seeks to provide legal education primarily for children, and secondarily for the children’s families and their educators towards a holistic formation of the Filipino youth. It aims to provide awareness to children of their basic rights through classroom activities, lectures and workshops. MYLE also seeks to serve as a venue for students of the law to engage in a pro-active approach to learning laws pertaining to children’s rights.
Lingap Pangkabataan Inc. is one of the social development organizations in the Philippines whose primary mission is to lead in child- advocacy efforts. As an organization or a network member, Lingap has been at the forefront of community education, awareness- raising, lobbying and other advocacy activities upholding the rights of children and promoting child protection.
PRE- REGISTRATION MECHANICS
- A. FUN RUN PARTICIPANTS
1. Isa, Dalawa, Takbo: Run for Children’s Rights is open to all child rights advocates/ supporters and fun run enthusiasts.
2. To join, participants must secure a PRE-REGISTRATION FORM from designated pre- registration stations:
|(1) Lingap Pangkabataan- Cubao Office||158 Ermin Garcia St., Cubao, Quezon City||912-0302||Russel, Cathy, Ruby, Ryan|
|(2) MYLE||UP- College of Law||Maan, Lia|
For downloadable on-line registration forms, visit www.facebook.com/isadalawatakbo.
3. Submit duly accomplished registration form and pay required registration fee. The Pre- Registration Volunteer will facilitate registration process by enlisting the participant in the pre- numbered SUMMARY LISTING according to category and assigning a runner’s number.
The ‘Fun Run Kit Stub’ will serve as the receipt of the participants.
For participants who will undergo on-line registration, payments can be deposited thru the following bank accounts:
Bank Account No : Banco de Oro 401-001-8286
Bank Address : New York-EDSA Branch
Account Name : Lingap Pangkabataan Inc
Bank Account No : Metrobank 056-3-05651302-8
Bank Address : Aurora Boulevard
Account Name : Lingap Pangkabataan Inc
Deposit slips should be emailed to [email protected] or faxed to 912-4225 together with the duly accomplished pre-registration form. Lingap will then send the FUN RUN KIT STUB with the registration number thru email.
4. FUN RUN KITS (singlet, runner’s number, baller and other freebies) will be made available two weeks before the event. Registered participants can claim the kit at their PRE- REGISTRATION STATION by presenting their Fun Run Kit Stub.
p style=”text-align: center;”
4 thoughts on “ISA, DALAWA, TAKBO! RUN FOR CHILDREN’S RIGHTS”
I have several runner friends who may be interested to join. Will surely tell them about this event. Thanks for sharing.
Wishing this event a successful one!
this is a very kind and nice advocacy…more power to you and the organizers of this event 🙂
Run, Forrest, run!
Comments are closed.